Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Very English Around Here

Crikey, or is that Australian?
Bloody Hell! That's better. I brewed up the English Brown Mild a few weeks ago and debuted it along with the English IPA to my family last week. I got a lot of positive reviews!!! Here's my tasting notes.



English IPA/ Biere De Linde
Very good!!! I was impressed with how well this turned out for my very first all grain beer. It was hoppy, toasty, and very drinkable! (It's almost gone) My one drawback is that it came out with a lower ABV than I had expected. I got a 5% where the recipe should have been at 6.2%  All in all I'm definitely going to be brewing this one again. Very good!!!!

English Brown Ale/ Through A Mild Darkly
I felt more comfortable with this brewday. Having my first all grain brew under my belt I felt that I had found my brewing rhythm and was less anxious. I must have done something right, my effeciency of sugar conversion was 83%, that's pretty good. It turned out very drinkable. My brother in law commented that he could drink it all day, and you really can. It's a session beer, which means it's low alcohol so you can drink a few pints and still be doing just fine.
It has an awesome nutty taste and aroma. It isn't overpowering so I guess that is why it it a mild. This is another one that I will be making again.


Coming up I will be brewing an oatmeal stout and then some big changes are coming to the Smith Brew House. Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job, I want to move to All-Grain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I wanted to ask what instructions you used to make your mash tun. If you didn't use any type of guide can you make a post on how you made your mashtun?

    ReplyDelete