Thursday, September 22, 2011

All work and no brew makes Matt a dull boy.

It's been too long...
Way to much work this summer, that's not a bad thing. I work construction and it just happens to be the only time of the year in the Seattle area where you can really get anything accomplished. So not  a lot of brewing going on at my house, I have however been able to make some upgrades to my system.

I got a Blichman Top Tier Brewing Stand!!! Very cool and way easy to brew on. I was having to lift 8 gal of hot wort and boiling water before. So having dedicated burners and a gravity system will be very nice. I also got a stir plate for yeast starters and a temperature controller for my fermenter. So with these awesome upgrades to my brewery I think I will be making some consistently better beer.

With work slowing down I think it's time to brew. It's fall and I think I'm going to depart from the Brewing Classic Styles book and make one my own recipes. It's a Pumpkin Ale made with real pumpkins in the mash. I will post my recipe later. Until then happy brewing

No comments:

Post a Comment